Hands On Training Sessions
Two Hands On Training Sessions are offered to registered WCLC delegates at no charge. Both Hands On Training Sessions are scheduled for Sunday, October 27 and will take place at the Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Note: Attendance for registered WCLC Delegates only.
COVIDIEN/SUPERDIMENSION HANDS ON TRAINING SESSION
Time: Sunday, October 27 - 12:30 - 16:00
Location: Bayside Gallery B, Level 1
Introduction to Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy
The primary objective for this activity is to introduce physicians to the Superdimension Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy System. Key program components will include didactic presentations by key opinion leaders as well as hands-on planning and procedure lab exercises.
12:30 - 13:00
13:00 - 13:30
Review Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy
13:30 - 15:30
ENB Lab Sessions
15:30 - 16:00
Business & Clinical Case Studies
Douglas Minnich MD, Thoracic Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham
IMPORTANT NOTE: Registration required for this session
To register for the program,
- Access http://ilsedu.superdimension.com/login
- Select Log-In
- Select Create an Account
- Select Training Events
- Select Introduction to ENB
ABBOTT HANDS ON TRAINING SESSION
Time: Sunday, October 27 - 10:00 - 15:00
Location: Parkside 110 A+B, Level 1
Molecular Diagnosis of Gene Fusions by FISH for Targeted Therapy
Presented by Dr. Marileila Varella Garcia
This interactive educational activity is directed to medical professionals aiming to discuss scoring of ALK FISH in lung cancer specimens. The session includes individual case reviews of a variety of patients. Learning objectives include:
- Understand the break-apart probe design and its performance in rearrangements derived from translocations, deletions and inversions
- Identify acceptable hybridization conditions and distinguish features indicating failure of quality assessment.
- Recognize typical FISH patterns supporting interpretation of negative and positive for ALK rearrangements.
- Learn about variant ALK FISH patterns that may pose interpretation challenges.
- Discuss similarities and differences between ALK FISH and other FISH assays in lung cancer specimens such as ROS1 and RET.
- Establish optimal pre-hybridization procedures based on histological characteristics and/or technical variables.
- Learn about simplifying FISH scoring with automated image capture system
Abbott Molecular is proud to host this diagnostic education session. Box lunches will be available.