Become a MemberHomeJoin Mailing ListContact Us

Travel Information


Taxis are readily available at Sydney Airport and the journey to the city's central business district takes 20-30 minutes (longer during peak hours). The Airport Link rail service operates from approximately 0500 to midnight, seven days a week. It runs between the domestic and international terminals and all City Circle railway stations.



Sydney's public transport network allows easy travel around the city - it includes buses, water ferries, monorail and light rail. Taxis can be hailed from the street or engaged at taxi ranks throughout the city.


Note: The Monorail will be demolished in 2013 and will not be available for delegates.




New visa regulations for travel to Australia in effect as of March 23, 2013.


Do Conference Participants require a visa?

All visitors to Australia must have a valid visa before boarding their plane regardless of the length of stay.


Note: New Zealand Norfolk Island passport holders do not usually need to lodge a visa application prior to their departure unless they have health and/or character concerns.


Visa Options?



Business Visitor visas [eVisitor, ETA or Visitor visa]

Should be used by anyone who is participating in a conference, unless they are being paid by an organiser for their participation. Business visitors are business people who visit Australia for business purposes, for example, to attend a conference.


  eVisitor (Subclass 651)

Available to passport holders from the European Union and a number of other European countries. There is no cost to apply for an eVisitor visa.


eVisitor eligible passports are citizen passports issued by the following countries:

Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Rebuplic of San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK of Great Britain and Norther Ireland, Vatican City (Holy See)


Click here to apply for eVisitor visa >>


  Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) (Subclass 601)

Available to passport holders from a number of countries and regions. A 20 AUD fee is applied to ETA applications.


To apply, you must hold a citizen passport issued by one of the countries listed below.


Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong (SAR), Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Norway, Portugal, Republic of San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, The Netherlands, United Kingdom—British Citizen, United Kingdom—British National (Overseas), United States, Vatican City.


Click here to apply for ETA >>


  Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)

For people who want to visit Australia in order to attend a Conference and who are not eligible to apply for an ETA or an eVisitor.




Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) (Subclass 400) visa

Should be used by those who are being paid by an organisation in Australia for their participation in a conference.


Click here for further information >>


If the payment is from an overseas organisation (IASLC) then you can apply for a Business Visitor visas [eVisitor, ETA or Visitor (Subclass 600) visa].


More information on visa requirements for attending a Conference in Australia is available on the website of the Australian Government, Department of Immigration and Citizenship.