CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
The 15th World Conference on Lung Cancer will be a great time and an exciting opportunity for all interested in lung cancer. To make the Conference a great success we depend on local assistance from approximately 60 – 80 students or other volunteers with good English language skills.
Volunteers for the 15th World Conference on Lung Cancer will be the first contact for many of the attendees. Their critical role will be to welcome foreign participants and to foster a spirit of helpfulness and hospitality.
Frequently Asked Questions and Terms of Engagement:
Why should you volunteer?
- Unique opportunity to make a contribution to the community
- Get an insider’s view of being part of an event
- Gain useful job experience and satisfaction
- Meet like-minded people as well as the leading medical experts in the fields of lung cancer and thoracic oncology
- Identify possibilities for personal skills development
- Strengthen your CV
Volunteer Roles include:
- Delegate Bag stuffing
- Delegate Bag Pick Up
- Poster Board Assistant for Presenters
- Ticket/Entrance Control
- Session Room Monitors/Session Tracking
- Speaker/Podium Assistant
In return for volunteer services the WCLC gladly offers the following benefits:
- Complimentary food & beverage during volunteer shifts
- Free admission for students to the day’s sessions, if not already registered for the Conference
- A Certificate of Participation
- Volunteer T-Shirt
- Reimbursement of onsite expenses (eg parking ticket)
You are required to:
- Do a minimum of 3 shifts across the following dates: October 23 - 30, 2013
- Agree to wear black shoes, pants/skirt and a Volunteer T-Shirt (Shirt provided by the Conference)
- Speak fluent English
- Attend a mandatory training session on Thursday, October 24 from 18:00 - 19:00 (not applicable if you sign up for the Conference Bag preparation on October 23 + 24 only)
To sign up now and help show these international delegates some Australian hospitality
If you have any questions about volunteering please call 0477 499 130 (from within Australia) or +61 477 499 130 or email email@example.com
Please 'Join the Mailing List' to receive regular updates about the Conference as soon as they become available.